Tuesday, September 10, 2013

- - -

Allow me to break the monotony of silence.
I was told to write in larger sentences in order to orchestrate a new rhythm.
I don't quite appreciate it.
I'm a small sentence kind of person.

Allow me to break the monotony of silence further.
I'm a junior in a senior class. Most of you would not even guess,
as you are to focused on yourself.
As I share a quiet piece with myself, I allow my mind to wonder about the workings of your infrastructure.
So what, I am smaller than you.
You would not even know.

I'm a small sentence kind of person.

I'm a small expression kind of person.

I'm just small.

Insignificant.

- - -

As you all socialize, I continue to watch.
To listen.
I dissect your identity, your insecurities, your whole being.

Maybe I'm small.

So here is a big sentence for all of you, so that I can be a big person again, so that maybe someone will notice my voice, so that I can please you, so that maybe I can conform to your big sentence society, (even though I don't want to) I will be a robot just for all of you, even though I pledged not to be.
I'm small.
Just trying to be big.

Maybe I'm small.
But you wouldn't notice.

7 comments:

  1. this is so freaking amazing!

    absolutely just...brilliant.

    love love love love love this. (too much?)

    can we please be friends?

    -from another small, insignificant being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed.

    And call me crazy, but I think that long sentence was dope. I felt something while I was trapped in that long sentence. You had me by the throat and there was no FULL STOP in sight. I could feel your anger, your frustration, a hint of sarcasm, and it was all good. I loved it.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Nels...you've definitely been noticed.

      Delete
  3. Okay I keep trying to comment, and it hasn't been letting me. But just know that I've been loving this post for a while.
    Also, you must be one dope junior.
    I'm not saying that lightly.
    PS This was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd quote my favorite line but i'd end up quoting the whole thing if i did that. i enjoyed every line. this was SO great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd quote my favorite line but i'd end up quoting the whole thing if i did that. i enjoyed every line. this was SO great.

    ReplyDelete