Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday on Kingsburry

lights and rain are the only connection to home.
here time slows down and languages evade you.
and you have to pay to see God.

look for all the answers you want,
but the pews are filled with tired feet and worn eyes.
and prayers only reach him if you pay the bill.

it's 1:46 in Notting Hill and I won't be sleeping
for fear of missing another 18 years.
because the first time around my eyes were closed.


-


if you take a right on Queen's Street,
I can assure you that the man in gray is as alone as you.
head north on Paddington,
and the boy with the worn guitar is signing you back home between melodies.
turn left onto Russel,
and then right when you hit Bumburry.

and I'll be waiting there.
just as I have.

it's Friday on Kingsburry.
dad is on your left with the umbrellas and empty pockets.
memories of you are on the right.
but if you look away you'll miss me too.

6 comments:

  1. " and you have to pay to see god."

    SOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the end. Just the imagery I had of you and your father. Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "it's 1:46 in Notting Hill and I won't be sleeping
    for fear of missing another 18 years.
    because the first time around my eyes were closed."

    YES

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't choose a favorite line because that's too hard. but basically you gave me chills and i think i'm going to read this again right now so bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to pay to see god?


    What the hell does that mean? It's Sunday, I didn't go to church today, and I'm going to spend the rest of the day thinking about that line.

    Good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "because the first time around my eyes were closed."

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete