Tuesday, May 12, 2015

what really happened to suburbia

the thing is, no one is really all that good at listening. 
because no matter how many times you play an A sharp, 
you keep telling yourself that it is an A. 
and the A sharp won't fit in the key of C. 

for three years I've been looking forward to the next two weeks
but for three years I've been forgetting how to breathe. 
now I've told the story enough times that I'm suffocating on hate and emotions that I can't remember who created. 

music is the only thing I know. 

and I'm forgetting how it sounds. 

all I hear is calls against the few
and cries from the hurting 
and the N word is still funny to you after it has been whipped into submission for an entire population. 

and teachers who don't know who they are block out the music.
because we are supposed to learn from those who have less maturity. 
because we've walked to hell and back and this year 2 of us didn't make it. 
because we are supposed to learn from those who grew up when aids meant being gay. 

for three years my eyes have been closed. 

suburbia ended because music was turned to pride and pride turned to jealousy 
and I just wanted the sounds. 
but I was to worried of losing the notes,
to see that I was always play A sharp,
and not A. 

but you see suburbia is just an analogy to high  school because the beautiful things always fade to sharp. 
and with our eyes closed you miss the music. 
and you miss the beautiful girls in 4th period that you've only talked to once. 
and you miss high school. 

3 comments:

  1. "but for three years I've been forgetting how to breathe."
    "because we've walked to hell and back and this year 2 of us didn't make it."

    "for three years my eyes have been closed"

    ReplyDelete