Sunday, October 13, 2013

Space Camp

I've been staring at the blank screen for 15 minutes now. 
And thinking of how I am different has caused me some trouble. 

I've come to the undesirable conclusion that maybe, 
I'm not. 

Maybe I'm not different.
Maybe I'm not what I thought I was.

The strange music only takes you so far in being different. 
Most things only take you so far. 

And then, 
it's over. 

Yet again I find myself staring at the screen. 
The very screen that has allowed me to escape the monotonous reality that we occupy. 
The very screen that has allowed me to shed my anger in less harmless ways.

But the writing only takes me so far.
And soon, the semester will be over, 
and this blog wont mean anything to anyone not even Nelson. 

And frankly to this point I think that this blog has only meant something to me.
Because maybe, just maybe, its made me different. 

Made me different. 

-

But maybe I don't want to be.

-

Maybe I'm destined to sit behind this computer forever, writing to the blank faces on the other side of the screen that may or may not be there, just in order to be different. 

Or maybe, I'm writing to know.
To know that I'm not alone. 
To receive comfort. 

Or maybe I'm just trying to be different.  

14 comments:

  1. yes.

    "But the writing only takes me so far.
    And soon, the semester will be over,
    and this blog wont mean anything to anyone not even Nelson.

    And frankly to this point I think that this blog has only meant something to me.
    Because maybe, just maybe, its made me different...Or maybe, I'm writing to know.
    To know that I'm not alone.
    To receive comfort."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "writing to the blank faces on the other side of the screen"

    trust me, my face isn't blank when i you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Maybe I'm destined to sit behind this computer forever, writing to the blank faces on the other side of the screen that may or may not be there, just in order to be different."

    "Or maybe, I'm writing to know.
    To know that I'm not alone."

    "Or maybe I'm just trying to be different."

    this is amazing. And dido to Hazel...no blank face on the other side of this screen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my fears for this class were to be put in words you just typed them all out and somehow it is making more sense reading it on your blog then it did in my head

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just described me perfectly. Ah, such a good post.

    "Yet again I find myself staring at the screen.

    The very screen that has allowed me to escape the monotonous reality that we occupy.

    The very screen that has allowed me to shed my anger in less harmless ways.




    But the writing only takes me so far.

    And soon, the semester will be over,

    and this blog wont mean anything to anyone not even Nelson.




    And frankly to this point I think that this blog has only meant something to me.

    Because maybe, just maybe, its made me different. "

    So true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And soon, the semester will be over, "

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I'm not different. #simplywritten

    ReplyDelete
  8. "And soon, the semester will be over,
    and this blog wont mean anything to anyone not even Nelson."

    #simplyordinary

    ReplyDelete
  9. And by the way, that's not true. I'm weird and have become strangely addicted to reading blogs...so I hope you still continue to write because I will most definitely be reading...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite thing I've read all day.

    (that doesn't sound like much, but I've read a lot today)

    And now I'm going to eat some lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like this one is appropriate to tell you how you more than any other writer just takes the words out of my mouth, even the ones stuck in between my teeth and make something really special. Spectacular.

    Specifically, you summed up my feelings and doubts of inadequacy in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm floored.

    This is beautiful and I don't even know the words to do it justice. I'm floored. Your blog meant something to me today.

    ReplyDelete