Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cling


Let me live in a world of black and white,
So that when I bleed my emotions the crimson will just fade to gray.
And the gray will fade to black.
And the black will forget.

Without color, maybe for a moment the dying leaves wouldn't be so ugly.
And maybe the dying hearts, too.
If the sky was gray, then maybe I wouldn't be able to see the clouds, and the soft sounds of rain would come as a surprise.
Then if everything was gray, black would be that much more scary.
And white would be that much more pure.

And your eyes would be the most beautiful shade of gray.

Perhaps I could be weightless, just like blackness.
Perhaps all opposites would become reality, and I would actually enjoy sunny days.
Or perhaps it will all stay the same, and I will just fade to gray.

All the flowers would be white, and the pines black.
And the canyon would all blend,
just like the rest of my colorless emotions.

And life wouldn't be as real.

But I would like that.
Because there is one hell I haven't been able to escape, and it's now.

-

Run baby, run as fast as you can.
Run until your shoes are just strips of canvas,
and run until you find the trees.

Run to that world,
of black and white.

15 comments:

  1. "Then if everything was gray, black would be that much more scary.
    And white would be that much more pure."

    great job on this one man. and i really like the pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perhaps all opposites would become reality, and I would actually enjoy sunny days.
    Or perhaps it will all stay the same, and I will just fade to gray."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "run until you find the trees."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have anything intelligent to say to this....I'm speechless. You are without any color or question one of my favorite human beings that ever did virtually exist. And I can't wait to find out who you are and can only hope and pray to whatever God that we can be friends.

    This was amazing...and exactly what I needed at this precise moment in existence. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without color, maybe for a moment the dying leaves wouldn't be so ugly.
    And maybe the dying hearts, too.

    Our blogs should date, but my blog would be out of it's league and be super whipped and you would just use me because your so much hotter and popular than mine. It would be a sad relationship that I wouldn't mind taking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Run to that world,
    of black and white."

    favorite line. mmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love grey skies. My favorite.



    ReplyDelete
  8. I started crying, and i'm a guy! that was beautiful, i'm going to read it again! :{)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "And your eyes would be the most beautiful shade of gray."
    Jern Hayes. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because there is one hell I haven't been able to escape, and it's now.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  11. RUN UNTIL YOU FIND THE TREES, GOOD LINE. idk why i just typed that in caps lock

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness. Lots to say, and I'm at a loss for words. But you should know I read through your blog. And listened to all your music.

    Really good jams.

    Even better writing.

    Just so you know I may be *Clinging* to you and this blog for awhile. Or forever. Whatever lasts longer.

    ReplyDelete