Sunday, November 3, 2013

Words.

And what if I die tonight?
The question is rendered to be unrealistic now, but seemed so real just a short time ago. 
Listening, listening, listening to the words of the people that I should trust. 
Hearing the same thing over and over, things like, "it's just a bad day" "it's just a bad week" "it's just a bad month" "its just a bad year". 

The words, they said all the wrong things. 

It didn't matter who said them, 
the words were just wrong. 

Too long have I been reading the words of people that are dead or dying, and not the words of someone that is alive. 

And to this point, I wonder if I was dying, or if I was alive. 

I wonder if my words spoke life into you. 
I wonder if the words that come from my finger tips say the things that the words just didn't say to me. 

I just wanna be caressed and hear the words say, "hey baby, it's gonna be ok."
Sometimes I wanna hear the words say, "sit down boy and take a listen. when are you gonna do it right?"
Sometimes I wanna hear the damn words say, "you fool."

-

I wish the words could have just told me I was wrong. 

-

And as the tears slip off my cheeks and slam into the keyboard like atomic bombs, 
I wanna hear the words say "this life, it's real, and you're here"

But they haven't yet.

And sometimes I wanna hear the words say "you're alive"

But up to this point, the words haven't said a thing. 

All they've said is "you're dying"

And then it's all real again. 

"it's just a bad day"

7 comments:

  1. "I wonder if I was dying"

    "And as the tears slip off my cheeks and slam into the keyboard like atomic bombs"

    "it's just a bad day"

    sooo many great lines in here! Your writing is always continuing to impress me.

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. ........the line about reading words of the dead or dying. well. best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tears aren't that heavy and but yours still slam into the keyboard and if they make posts like this then they sure as hell are atomic bombs. "it's just a bad day." It's so ordinary but slams my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And as the tears slip off my cheeks and slam into the keyboard like atomic bombs,

    I wanna hear the words say "this life, it's real, and you're "

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright (hand clapping emoji) good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This, this was real. You're alive, I'm alive and I felt every word. Damn... You've got this.

    ReplyDelete